It’s cold. You’re tired, It’s been a late night. Everyone’s inside having fun. You’re just not feeling it; the desire to lace up those running shoes and step out is nonexistent. You know you should, but really the thought of a snuggle is so much more inviting right now. What to do? How do you motivate yourself past that.. past a few more minutes of sleep, past the delicious tasting Apple Pie, that second helping of turkey or even your favorite Home Alone movie or worst, past the family and friends gaming and wining and dining to embrace the seclusion and quiet of a beautiful frosty day?
I so feel you! And because I do, I did some digging around and put together some of the funner ( my word), heartfelt, inspiring, kick-butt sayings/ quotes to help you remain fit, keep you focused, always smiling, and running this winter. Here goes…
1. The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. –Amelia Earhart
2. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. –Stephen Covey
3. Either you run the day, or the day runs you. –Jim Rohn
4. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. –Joshua J. Marine
5. The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself–the invisible battles inside all of us–that’s where it’s at.
6. I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn’t. -Unknown
7. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. -Henry Ford
8. You don’t always get what you wish for, you get what you work for.
9. Think you won’t make a difference with one run, you won’t make a difference doing nothing.
10. If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want – Why? Because…
(a) you’ll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you’ll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway. –Don Kardong
11. Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic. –Tim Noakes
12. You also need to look back, not just at the people who are running behind you but especially at those who don’t run and never will…those who run but don’t race…those who started training for a race but didn’t carry through…those who got to the starting line but didn’t get to the finish line…those who once raced better than you but no longer run at all. You’re still here. Take pride in wherever you finish. Look at all the people you’ve outlasted. –Joe Henderson
13. Today I will do what others won’t, So tomorrow I can do what others can’t. –Unknown
14. The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you.
15. Everything is funner with a runner because we can go long and hard, short and fast, and we even get pretty dirty sometimes (for mud races of course). Endurance is key, although everyone can appreciate a quickie, aka sprinter.
16. It starts about the time I walk out my front door. I reach the woods, smell the river and I just feel myself come to life again. It’s like yeah, I’m back.
17. I’m a drinker with a running problem. -Unknown
18. Mind is everything: muscle–pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind. -Paavo Nurmi
19. I run so my goals in life will continue to get bigger instead of my belly. -Bill Kirby
20. Train smart, eat well, & enjoy the run! —P. Mark Taylor
I know! Pretty cool right? Thank me later.
Quick Disclaimer.. so not my words, wish they were but nope, some attributed to their owners others unknown.